Saturday, May 2, 2009

Thanksgiving Dinner... of sorts.

After 4 months of rehearsing, the Magic Valley Chorale finally presented Elijah to the public. It was a great performance, with everything falling into place at the last minute as usual. Now that it's over, I feel a sense of calm and satisfaction, but also a little bit of disappointment. It's like Thanksgiving dinner, with preparations going on for hours and then in a quick 30-45 minutes, it's over with nothing left but the dirty dishes.

3 comments:

  1. Thus, the reason I don't like to cook! ;) Like they always say though: "It's not the destination, but rather the journey that makes it worth the while."

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was wonderful and memorable for all who attended! I was "thankful" to be there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I think it was well worth the dirty dishes!! You sang beautifully and I can't wait to come and listen to your next performance.

    ReplyDelete